The bloggers I respect disclose their business-related interests. So I feel it appropriate that I disclose my new business role.
I am joining the ERP vendor SYSPRO. My position will be in Product and Industry Marketing and my responsibilities will include some standard duties like:
– product-based messaging and collateral,
– working with Product Managers to understand and articulate product value,
– assist and communicate with sales to position, articulate and sell product,
– working with Marketing to optimise marketing through all channels and drive demand generation and awareness programs,
– support the company’s analyst relations effort,
– work with User Groups around the world.
In addition I will be able to participate in social media and networking, so what used to be a hobby now is part of my job.
I will also be working with the team on the launch of a new release of SYSPRO in the coming months.